Technical Data & Specs
Glow Path Pavers takes the sourcing, design, and production of its innovative luminescent pavers very seriously. We have worked closely with our materials suppliers, manufacturing facilities, and performance measurement consultants to ensure the highest possible standards of quality and performance, while minimizing the environmental impact of Glow Path Pavers.
To learn more about the testing and performance of our products, choose a link below.
Characterics of Luminescent Aggregate in Paver Applications
- Luminescent products are best used in total darkness or near darkness. If they are near other light sources, the luminous effect will be muted due to the eye’s adjusting to the adjacent higher light output.
- Human eyes need about 45 to 60 minutes in total darkness to fully adjust to night vision. You may notice that the luminescent effects appears to increase after 10-15 minutes exposure to a dark environment.
- Night time adjacent light is usually 100,000 times less intense than daylight. Luminescent aggregate glow is completely invisible during daytime hours.
- Viewing suggestion: Place a Glow Path Paver on your bedside table. During the night, as your eyes adjust to the darkness, the intensity of the luminescent glow can be seen.
- A full test for judging the length of the luminescent effect must be conducted with the testing personnel in full darkness for at least 45 minutes.
Illuminance Testing Results
The active luminescent material in Glow Path Pavers, AKA Glow Stone, has been measured for light output by an independent international testing lab.
The testing uses globally recognized metrics to measure not only light output, but also the decay rate of the luminesence. The net result is a yardstick to measure the visible light output over time.
Click here to see the results of the luminescence testing from an independent test lab.
Advanced Laboratory Testing
All Glow Path Pavers are manufactured to exacting standards to meet or exceed prevailing industry standards for:
- Dimensional Conformance- True to claimed dimensions
- Compressive Strength – Ability to withstand max specified load
- Absorptive Performance – Conformance to moisture absorption specifications
- Freeze-Thaw Durability – Cycling of freezing/thawing conditions
These exacting tests are used to determine if the tested product, in this case a concrete paving stone, conforms to ASTM Standard C140. We are proud that our products meet the ASTM Standard C140.
Click here to review the results of independent laboratory testing.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is a global document template that is used to reveal the composition of a chemical compound. It is used in transportation and handling of compounds and products contain compounds as ingredients in their manufacture.
Glow Path Pavers’ unique luminescent aggregates have been tested and found to be inert, non-toxic, and resistant to solvents, acids, and detergent compounds.
Click here to read the complete MSDS for our luminescent aggregate.